27 Jul Back-to-School Tech to Help Your Kids Succeed During the Pandemic
The academic year will probably look different thanks to the pandemic. Whether your children’s school will reopen for classes or continue with an online learning model, you may find that your kids need extra help to succeed this year. With the right tech and online resources, you can give your kids a leg up if they’re struggling. Learn about some of the best resources below.
Tech to Aid Learning
Having the right tech products is a must, regardless of whether your kids are going back to school or continuing online classes. Here are a few products you may want to consider.
- Having a computer monitor with great screen resolution can make all the difference.
- For more portability, you might also consider getting a kid-friendly tablet.
- Noise-canceling headphones can eliminate distractions and help your child focus.
- Other tech accessories such as a smartwatch can help your kids stay connected.
Online Tools for Staying Ahead
After you have the tech gadgets your kids need, it’s time to start looking for online lessons and apps that can help your kids get ahead. These are a few great resources to try.
- Utilize free lessons that cover subjects like math, science, arts, language, and more.
- Apps such as myHomework will help your kids organize their assignments.
- Buy or subscribe to a reading app that will engage your kids.
- There are also fun math apps that can help kids struggling with this subject.
- You can also hire an online tutor to step in when you don’t know a subject well yourself.
More Activities That Enhance Learning
While online lessons will more closely mimic schoolwork, a variety of other activities are educational without your kids even realizing it. Try these virtual and hands-on activities to give your kids an additional boost when they need help this year.
- Play with flashcards to reinforce skills your kids need to succeed in school.
- Go on a virtual museum visit to sneak in an art or history lesson.
- Play hands-on games like Simon Says to improve your kids’ ability to focus.
- Building projects can teach kids to measure and follow step-by-step instructions.
- Download some educational kids’ podcasts, which are entertaining for adults too!
With the pandemic going on, this school year will likely come with a variety of new challenges. As a parent, it can be hard to help your kids stay ahead when there are still so many unknowns. However, you can start things off on the right foot by having the right tech and using all the online educational tools at your disposal.
Daniel Sherwin considers raising his 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son both an adventure and a blessing. He created Dadsolo.com to provide other single dads/parents with information and resources to help them better equip themselves on the journey to parenthood.
PHOTO CREDIT: Image via Pexels